Early Childhood and Preschool Programs
For some disabilities, early intervention can make a huge difference in the quality of life when they get older. However, it sometimes seems impossible to locate these programs for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. I have included some places where you can locate these programs, but these programs are not associated with our organizaiton. Note please remove the parenthesis () along with website before copying and pasting a web page into your web browser.
* Local school district or county intermediate school district offers early intervention program for under 3 years of age along with preschool programs. Also can include speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. This is free to you if your disabled child qualifies for services.
* Head Start (website: www2.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/hsb) offers a preschool program for disabled children.
* Variety Club (website: www.usvariety.org) has a mobility program (wheelchairs, ramps, etc.) and bicycle programs. Sometimes offers field trips, day camps, sports, and day events to participant families. Also has programs for adults.
* Easter Seals (website: www.easterseals.com) offers childcare and medical rehabilitation programs along with services geared toward disabled adults.
* Muscular Dystrophy Association (website: www.mda.org) offers summer camps, equipment, clinics, and support groups.
Copyright: 2007 Act2getherNeighborsHelpingNeighbors Inc.
Return to Main Page